QWOCMAP will present the first-time-ever online livestream of our entire 16th annual San Francisco International Queer Women of Color Film Festival, June 12-14, 2020.
Our Queer Women of Color Film Festival is absolutely FREE of charge.
Each screening program will begin at 7:00pm PST and be completely livestreamed, from the films to the interactive filmmaker Q&As. Check out our Festival Schedule for details about the scheduled screening programs.
FREE ticket registration is now open!
Please, only register for yourself. There is no cap on the number of attendees this year. If you have friends and family that want to watch our Film Festival, please share the free ticket registration link: https://bit.ly/2020QWOCFF
After you register, you will receive an email with links and unique, one-time access codes to watch the screenings. The email’s subject line is Your Order from QWOCMAP 2020 Film Festival.
QWOCMAP emails may end up in your SPAM folder, so be sure to check for emails from us.
HOW TO WATCH
- On the day of the screening, open the LINK & ACCESS CODE Email on your device.
- Click the Join Event link for the screening you want to watch. The livestream for that screening will open in a new browser tab on your device.
NOTE: Each screening has a different link and access code.
- As early as 6:30pm PST, enter your unique, one-time access code for that screening.
This code can only be used ONE time, on ONE device, in ONE browser.
Before using your code, please check the following:
- Use the device and browser you want to watch the entire screening with.
- If you plan to cast the screening to your TV, make sure your device is on the same WiFi network as your TV.
- Sit back, and enjoy the show! The livestream will begin automatically and play through until the end of the screening.
If the video and audio aren't playing, the livestream may be paused. Just click on the video to pause or unpause it. NOTE: If you pause during the screening or Q&A, the video will skip ahead to what's actually live.
- At 6:30pm PST, the pre-screening slideshow and music will begin.
- At 7pm PST, the screening will begin.
- The screening will be immediately followed by a live, interactive Filmmaker Q&A.
- To watch with your TV, follow the instructions below.
If you have an external Google Chromecast set up with your TV OR a TV with built-in Google Chromecast (TV’s listed here), open the livestream in Chrome and cast the webpage’s video experience to your TV.
With Apple AirPlay
With HDMI Cable
Plug one end of the HDMI cable into an HDMI port on the back of your TV, and the other end into the HDMI port on your laptop or desktop computer. Then, switch the TV to the correct input.
With VGA Cable
- Turn off your TV.
- On the edge of your laptop or the back of your computer tower, plug the VGA cable into the matching port. Turn the two bolts on the cable plug clockwise to secure the cable to the port.
- On your TV, plug the round end into the matching video input.
- Turn on your TV. Push the video selector button on the remote control to connect with the computer through the VGA cable.
- You will need an audio cable with the standard 3.5mm audio jack on both ends.
- Connect the audio cable from the headphone jack on your device to the audio input on your TV.
- You may need to adjust the audio settings on your computer to control the sound.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Accessibility. All our films are Subtitled for the Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing, and ASL Interpretation and CART/live open captions will be provided for the live, interactive filmmaker Q&As. You can find additional access information here.
Location. Our Queer Women of Color Film Festival will be online and available worldwide this year! There will be no in-person events.
Safety & Security. We realize that there have been safety issues with webinars and video conferences, in terms of hate speech and harassment. To ensure that our Film Festival is a safe and welcoming space for everyone, free ticket registration is mandatory to view the screenings. The chat and Q&A will be moderated, and anyone who engages in harassment or hate speech will be blocked, and their comments deleted.
Care. There are Content Warnings listed for each film. Anyone who experiences intense emotional reactions (triggering, distress, anxiety, panic) during the Film Festival can call SFWAR’s free, confidential hotline for support, at 415-647-7273. Visit our Accessibility page for details and additional resources.
Filmmaker Q&A. There will be live, interactive filmmaker Q&As at the end of each screening. Audience members can type questions into the chat box during the livestream, and a moderator will select from the submitted questions. ASL Interpretation and CART/live open captions will be provided.
The Film Festival will NOT be recorded, all screenings are LIVE at 7pm PST. You will not be able to rewind or access the screenings after they end.
Please, do not share screening program links. Instead, please share the free ticket registration link with your friends and family: https://bit.ly/2020QWOCFF